Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey guys =) I think it's been some time since I last posted an event blog post.. so here's one =P

So.. I went for Cheer 2008 on both days last weekend. From the start to the end, I was there =P Yee Sook was too. And I can tell you, the crowd was insane. Much more so on Sunday, though. SADLY, CHSians were not as enthusiastic.. I mean sure, we did scream and all.. a few of us ran around the stadium holding the placards.. but seriously. Compared to Blitzers and Xavier, we were ants. Fortunately, there were some bacteria there. (I still feel sad for them lol)

Anyway, Calyx didn't make top five or anything, but they did better than last year. Sunday's performance was better than Saturday's too. Did I mention that I lost my voice screaming my lungs out for two almost-whole days? Sigh. I'm so disappointed. I thought they did great. The toss they executed on Sunday was great. Heck, I don't think they made any mistakes on Sunday. I heard something about one of the judges saying that they were good, but not good enough to win.

Now I really regret not joining them earlier. The All-Boys team, I mean. I know everyone thinks it's gay or something, but after watching their winning performance last year, they really aren't. Especially compared to this gay team called Pirates this year lol. You should see this dude, words really can't explain him other than 'gay' and 'ball-lessly flexible'.

All I can do now is to wish Calyx all the best, and give them all the support I can for them to win next year. I can't even give them guidance, I never joined the club even =_=

Here're some Calyx vids..


Calyx All-Girls at Cheer 2008 (Sunday) (recorded and posted by Xian Tze)



Calyx All-Boys Best Newcomer Award performance at Cheer 2007


Calyx All-Boys at Cheer 2007 ..the one that got them the award. Wasn't as good as after the award lol.



Calyx All-Girls at Cheer 2007



And here's the first Calyx mixed performance I've seen.. There weren't many guys, but they were there. 2006, in the 1 Utama old wing.



This last one's the performance on Sunday.. kinda featuring three (not all) of the American judges, namely Samantha Gorman, Sarah Renner and Michael Guillen... The Charm All-Starz!! (Also recorded and posted by Xian Tze)

No comments: